- State Education Technology Directors Association (SETDA) report compared to KY K-12 districts replies.
- October 2022 School Report Card release. Data Systems Update.
- Kentucky Society for Technology in Education (KySTE) update
- KY K-12 dDos report
- KY K-12 Internet Health
- Security Baseline Project as we’ve now hit the halfway point. Points of emphasis will be:
1). Open Office hours each Friday for any questions or assistance districts need (as a supplement to the small-group IT Readiness Sessions and dedicated 1:1 training session from Microsoft)
2). Open Office hours to be extended through February 2023 for districts that are enabled in November/December
3). Post-Training assessment surveys need to be completed by all to help identify additional assistance needed.
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month – Visit the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s Cybersecurity Awareness Month webpage for cybersecurity tips and tricks.
- Status of 2022 KY K-12 digital readiness report.
- Follow-up: Nintendo Switch/PlayStation/Xbox and Cybersafety
- Stilwell recognition in districts
- Lexington Herald article
- 2022-2023 KETS Offer of Financial Assistance
- Digital Citizenship week third week of Oct
- Contracts/Bids – Awareness:
- Next Generation K-12 Internet (NGKI) RFP – RFP 758 – 2300000008, Buyer Office Of The Controller: Susan Noland, Published:7/8/22 Closed On : 8/29/22 3:30 PM EDT. Services provided by this Contract are expected to be fully implemented and in operation at all locations by July 1, 2024.
- McAfee Anti-Virus – Acquired, merged then rebranded as Trellix by parent company Symphony Technology Group (STG)
- KETS Network Products & Services Extreme Contract MA 758 2100000648- Integration Partners Corporation (IPC) reseller was acquired by ConvergeOne, Inc. (C1). Effective 9/12/22.
- GMAP- current contract with HMB set to expire March 23, 2023, after all possible extensions and a solicitation to be issued to award a new contract for the Grant Management Application System.
District Technology Leaders Webcast_101822