KY K-12 edtech points of emphasis for September’s webcast
· Edweek Magazine’s 5 big tech trends worth watching this school year: High Tech School Safety, The Changing Face of Gaming, Computer Science, Media Literacy and Cybersecurity
· Cybersecurity focus: Removing stale accounts. Frequency of changing passwords and the length/complexity of passwords. Discussion will also include forced password changes and ability for users to reset passwords.
· 2nd reading of Computer Science standards in October’s KY Board of Education (KBE) meeting
· Cybersafety discussion at School Facilities Conference in Oct
· 2018 School Report Card update
· Status of 2018 Technology Activity Report (TAR) from all 173 school districts
· Other topics by OET Directors, Chiefs and team members today: Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) regionals coming up, Infinite Campus (IC) Data Visualization, KY K-12 Internet usage stats, upcoming work on the switch replacement in the Kentucky Education Network (KEN) rack, Kentucky School Information System (KSIS)-September 17-20, 24-27 there will be user group meetings in eight locations across the state, etc.