KY K-12 main edtech points of emphasis and discussion for October’s webcast
· Edtech update and feedback from Harlan County schools throughout the webcast.
· Additional Budget Request for KY K-12 edtech approved by KBE at their board meeting earlier this month for increased KETS funds for the people side of edtech in districts, online testing, end device replacement in districts, incremental Internet bandwidth needs, to address to cost of living increases since 1992 and cuts since 2007.
· Successful launch of KY K-12 School Report Card (SRC) in Oct. Want to improve the awareness of parents of the parent and student portal.
· CCSSO state level K-12 CIO meeting in St Paul, Minnesota. Also met with Infinite Campus at their HQ which is very close to St Paul.
· Response by KDE to State Education Technology Directors Association (SETDA) report by Tuesday.
· Annual Education SuperHighway (ESH) report to come out this week.
· New KY K-12 password standards will be out this week.
· OEA Report on KY K-12 Career and Technical Education. https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/lrc/publications/ResearchReports/RR461_U.pdf
· Annual “Top 5 Feedback” from each district due on 1 Dec. What did we do well in 2019? What we didn’t do well or didn’t get to that we should have done in 2019? What should be the top goals of 2020?
· KHSAA eSports update (see attachment).
· Reminder: KY Society for Technology in Education ( KySTE) virtual event on Oct 29th.
· 2019-2020 KY K-12 student technology leadership program (STLP) regionals and state championship
· October 18 Registration for Regionals deadline
· November 4 Morehead State University, Adron Doran University Center
· November 7 Murray State University, Curris Center
· November 12 University of Louisville, Student Activities Center
· November 14 University of Kentucky, UK Student Center
· November 18 Northern Kentucky University, Student Activities Center
· November 21 Western Kentucky University, Diddle Arena
· December 3 Owensboro Convention Center
· December 9 The Center for Rural Development, Somerset
· December 18 University of Pikeville, Appalachian Wireless Arena
· April 8 State championship @ Rupp Arena
Resources to Learn More about STLP and the STLP Regionals
· General info about STLP: https://stlp.education.ky.gov
· Review details about STLP Regionals: https://stlp.education.ky.gov/regionals
· Slide deck with Regionals details (targeted to STLP Coaches): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M_lELIPioNU67n1P-ueLYGC7zuCC4a9_qhHr4VQcXjw/edit?usp=sharing
· KETS offers, E-rate, contracts (e.g., IDU) major webcast items:
KETS Offers of Assistance – Update
· SY19-20 KETS Offers of Assistance-projected at $19 to $22/ADA
· KETS Offers of Assistance and TAR session to be offered during the Fall Kentucky Association of School Business Officials (KASBO) Conference at the Griffin Gate Marriott, Lexington, KY November 12th-15th.
· TAR Submissions –166 TARs received. 165 TAR review complete, 164 signature pages sent, 130 signature pages received.
· First SFCC Memo for 1st Offers of Assistance $9/ADA was sent to SFCC on October 15th.
Erate– Awareness & Action
· Reminder to school districts that the BEAR deadline for 2018-2019 is October 28, 2019. If the 120 day extension is needed, please file the extension prior to October 28, 2019 or 2018-2019 funding will likely be at risk.
Contracts/Bids – Update
· KETS Instructional Device contracts- will be expiring June 30, 2020 with no renewal options. Review Plan for RFP to Replace. *Draft District Webcast discussion and poll questions are at the bottom of this email.
· KETS Voice Hardware and Services Contracts final expiration will be 2/28/2020, guidelines and standards document will be released to districts soon.
· KETS Server and Storage Contracts final expiration date after renewals is 6/30/20. Moving forward to establish New KETS Server Hardware Storage Services contracts.
· KDE IaaS RFP to secure infrastructure as a service for AD structure upgrade
· School Food Authority Point of Service RFP
· Educator Certification and Ethics System RFI- RFP projected to be released in December
· KDE Notify App Retiring (Did a short survey questions for Reg 7 and 8 to see who is using or dependent on the KDE mobile app or the portal).
· Status of SMTP Relay project
· Status of District KEN Switch upgrade project
· School Report Card (SRC) 2018-2019
o Window closed Oct. 10 for districts to identify data issues for correction.
o Ensure the School Report Card link is posted in a prominent place on school and district websites. Posting the SRC is required under ESSA. (ESEA section 111(h)(2) (B)(iii))
· Planning is underway for the 2019-2020 School Report Card. Use feedback option. Revisiting tools (e.g., Flagging and Approval tool)
· The U.S. Department of Education is proposing a revision to the mandatory 2019-2020 Civils Rights Data Collection (CRDC) and is inviting comments. Comments must be submitted on or before Nov. 18. For details, see the 9/19/2019 Federal Register.
For details and current information on training opportunities, go to the KSIS Training webpage.
· December 12-13 – Infinite Campus Interchange 2019, Downtown Marriott, Louisville
· Fall Infinite Campus user group meeting series is complete. For the KDE User Group slide presentation and links to training resources covered during the meetings, go to Campus Community Fall 2019 KY User Group Resources Forum.