June 2019 Webcast for KY K-12 CIOs/EdTech Leaders
Please join us virtually on Tuesday (June 18th) at 10 am (EST) while we broadcast from KDE’s HQ at the Sower Building. It will end around the 11 am time frame. Below are the audio and video links for the webcast. We always encourage you to watch or listen to the webcast live; however we do understand there are certain situations that may prevent that. We will usually provide a written summary of this month’s webcast in 4 weeks with next month’s webcast agenda, however there are certain items that you need to be aware of that will occur before you get that written summary. For that reason, we again encourage you or your representative to tune into this month’s webcast. You can tune in and be part of the webcast from any device by going to the following link: http://mediaportal.education.ky.gov/watch-live/.
You can give us your live feedback and ask questions during the webcast though GoSoapBox Link: http://app.gosoapbox.com. The GoSoapBox access code: edtech
KY K-12 Main EdTech Points of Emphasis and Discussion for June’s Webcast
1. Virus Protection Strategy and Direction – Phil Coleman – Review of the short term and long term strategy for virus protection for all Ky. K-12 schools.
2. Windows 7 End of Life Planning – Phil Coleman – A discussion about, and preparation for, the upcoming end of support for Windows 7 beginning Jan. 2020.
3. Voice Solution Strategy and Direction – Mike Leadingham – A review of the plan for providing guidance and direction regarding voice solutions in K-12 schools moving forward.
4. District Lease Reviews and Approval Process – Mike Leadingham – A quick overview of the timeline associated to reviews, as well as the things to ensure are included when submitting.
5. Status of the KETS Operational Plan and Technology Needs Report– Mike Leadingham – Both will be reviewed during the July District Webcast and will be covered in the August State Board Meeting.
6. New Provider/Agent for Dell KETS Contracts – Mike Leadingham – Dell has identified a new agent for their KETS contracts, which is now available.
7. KETS Annual Vendor Partner Meeting – Mike Leadingham – A discussion with our vendor partners on July 15th to review the KETS program and to capture feedback/input.
8. Password Policy and Single Sign On – Bob Hackworth – A review of the game-plan associated to these and related security topics.
9. Data Reminders – Dede Conner – A variety of topics associated to data and associated applications.
10. Other topics and updates as identified during the meeting, as time allows.