- Welcome: Toni Konz Tatman, Chief Communications Officer, Kentucky Department of Education; Jason E. Glass, Commissioner of Education and Chief Learner
- Mental Health Check-In and the Impact of Extended Non-Traditional Instruction: Dr. Damien Sweeney, Office of Teaching and Learning, Kentucky Department of Education
- Discussion about Racial Equity and Academic Standards: Dr. Thomas Woods-Tucker, Deputy Commissioner, Kentucky Department of Education
- Discussion about Standardized Testing Amid Test-Optional Education: Jason E. Glass, Commissioner of Education & Chief Learner, Kentucky Department of Education
- Adjournment: Jason E. Glass, Commissioner of Education and Chief Learner, Kentucky Department of Education
The purpose of this group is to advise the Commissioner of Education and the KDE Leadership Team on issues relevant to high school students. This group meets both in person and virtually to discuss how decisions made at the state level are affecting students throughout Kentucky. The students will provide feedback on critical issues impacting students and schools and work with KDE staff to develop ideas to improve and transform education.
Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-243 and a memorandum issued by the Finance and Administration Cabinet dated March 16, and in an effort to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Commissioner’s Student Advisory Council will meet utilizing video teleconference.